Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Web 2.0 Apps

It was fun trying out several of these sites. You can tell many of them are still in their "infancy" - they are waiting for more input. As far as the library is concerned, I might use these sites for information or recommendations. I don't think any of them would replace our premium resources.

The sites I tried were Urbanspoon, MyHeritage, Standout Jobs and Biblio. Once Urbanspoon has more reviews, it will be more useful. At present, the resturants by neighborhood is pretty neat. The genealogy site looks like it would be easy to use. I have used both Heritage Quest and Ancestry Plus - at some point I'll have to compare this new site to those. Standout Jobs has some interesting software that looks like it would be useful in searching for employees. As for Biblio, I've used them in the past to find the value of old titles. That was really interesting.

All in all, I'd enjoy trying more of these sites if I had the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for trying out Standout Jobs. I'd be curious to get your feedback - feel free to reach out any time.

Library Thing