Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Documenting Google Docs

I have been using Google docs for almost a year. I find them very handy when I need to create a document or presentation when I'm away from my personal computer. It certainly is handier than carrying a flash drive or a floppy disc. In fact, I have taken to recommending them to customers who need to create something (usually for school) and have no way to save it. I know we have been talking about adding space for our customers to save through their CML account. Until we decide to do something similar, Google docs fills the bill.

That being said, one has to remember that these documents are not under our control. If Google should decide that we need to pay to have access, I'm certain that somewhere in the fine print of all those user agreements there is language to the effect that Google is the ultimate owner.

No comments:

Library Thing